Facts on Medication Mismanagement
Few People are Successful Managing their Medication Alone
According to medication compliance statistics released by the CDC (Center of Disease Control) and the AHA (American Heart Association):
- Two-thirds of Americans currently use medications: 49% use prescription drugs and 30% use nonprescription drugs.
- Among older Americans (aged 60 and over), more than 76% use two or more prescription medications and 37% use five or more.
- Regardless of age group, up to 59% of those on five or more medications per day are taking them improperly.
- 22% of Americans take less of the medication than is prescribed on the label.
- 10% of all hospital admissions are due to patients failing to take prescription medications accurately; and the average length of stay in hospitals due to medication non-compliance is 4.2 days.
- 23% of nursing home admissions are due to patients failing to take prescription medications accurately.
Facts prove that very few people are successful in their medication management. When taking two or more prescription medications, medication identification and medication organization become more difficult and more important.
MedFolio Makes Medication Management Easy
Traditional medication organizers simply store your pills, while the MedFolio Pillbox offers a variety of medication reminders and a patented medication identification system to aid in your medication management.